Monday, January 17, 2011

A New Year of Ugly

Sure, it's 2011 and people around the globe are ready for a new year with new possibilities. When it comes to new possibilities I honestly can't wait for all the ugly sites I am bound to find and review this year. Sometimes it's just the little things that can make you happy. :)


I thought as my first post of 2011, I would focus on a site that I actually find myself visiting several times a week. And, no I am not talking about Facebook or Yahoo News. You quest and search for new or current information might lead you to this site too. There is no question that this site is filled with information. The only question that still remains... is it ugly?


My opinion is that yes, it is ugly. Informative, but ugly. All the information is squished into a small space and the lack of color or design depth is far from a "modern" or "fresh" look. The black, white, and red combination reminds me of a deck of cards. Yet, I keep going back. If the site's traffic increasesregardless of the design and layout should they spend the time or money to make some changes?

No comments:

Post a Comment