Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Lot To Offer, But Not in Design

I will be honest. I sometimes feel bad making fun of sites. Most often, I feel this way when I see a site trying to do something good. Such as this site.

Obviously, this site was designed to bring additional information to people that live in this area or people that would love to visit this area. The information is absolutely great, but the layout and design is absolutely horrible. Unless you know what you are looking for this site is extremely confusing.

The first thing I would notice is simple... red. The layout of the page smashes an abundance of information in small areas and this leaves you to focus primarily on the background. The bright red background. In addition to the small areas of text, the text they do provide is extremely hard to read. The links on the left hand site are incredibly small.

I truly do want this site to be appealing for the great good of the area, but I don't think it is there yet. It may be time for these creators to hire a website designer and truly share the riches in the area with the world. It seems like this area has a lot to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment