Saturday, September 4, 2010

Get Your Paint Buckets and Guns

Today, I am making an addition to my list of what constitutes as a poorly designed site. Are you ready? Here we go... tacking pop ups that hoover over ladies shooting cartoon guns. Bet you never thought you would see that one. Well you can and you will. Look at me!

The random paint splashes around the pop up are almost as annoying as the neon color selection spattered over the site. I really wasn't sure what to hate more. I don't like to play favorites. ;) If I were looking to purchase a car, this site would definitely scare me off and make me consider public transportation. Sitting next to a stinky man talking about his political views may be less hateful than shopping this site. How are companies like these succeeding and luring customers in? Are the worst websites actually representing solid, reputable companies? How can this be? Should I stop asking questions? ;)

I guess I might leave these questions to the marketing experts of the world. Still, as a consumer I think I have the obligation and right to share the worst, the horrid, the unbearable, the neon websites with the world. It's an exhausting job, but someone has to do it. On that note, Happy Labor Day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment