Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hawaii What?!

Well, I am back to my theory... what am I looking at? That is the big question when you land on this site. Alright, alright. I get it. Something and everything to do with Hawaii, right? Luaus and coffee. What I don't get is where I should look or click first? Am I wanting to purchase coffee? What is with the random imagery? Why am I looking at coffee, nuts, CDs, stationary, and candles all on one page?

It is a well-known fact that Hawaii produces a variety of specialty coffees, teas, lotions, chocolates, macadamia nuts, and more that visitors love to buy. I am guessing this business and site was constructed to bring these specialties to people around the globe. Easy enough? Well, not really. How are visitors suppose to find their favorite products or even focus to understand what other products may be available? This site makes it literally impossible.

Poor design = confusing your visitors. Confusing your visitors with too many products on a page and too many colors is a major mistake. Then again, maybe they feel like they have to overwhelm their visitors with a wide variety of products to get them to stay. The only thing I can guarantee is that I will not be visiting or shopping on this site again.

No comments:

Post a Comment