Friday, August 27, 2010

Fancy Packs and Links

I stated before and I will say it again, why do the worst websites get just as much attention as the good ones? Is the The Producers theory? Is it the need for people in society today to make fun of the bad in an attempt to make their own sites look better? What has reality TV done to us?!

My Theory

I have started compiling a list of things that sites do wrong, but regardless of the length of my list I do believe that here is one underlying theory behind all of this. Some people just have less than desirable taste. Bad sites full of color, Flash in thirty different places, and odd peculiar content is the website equivalent to a fanny pack on top of cut off jeans shorts. Black socks and Crocks included.

Back to My List

I did have one more to add… the Over Linkage. So, here we go… The Color Theory, Can You Add Anything Else, What Am I Looking At, All of This Flash is Burning My Eyes, and Over Linkage.

Over Linkage

Over linkage is simply over a dozen random links on one page that redirect you away from the primary site. Typically, when someone puts time and effort into building a site they want you to stay on it. If this doesn’t make sense, review my last post and it will all be crystal clear! J

No comments:

Post a Comment