Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Beginning List

Most of us spend a good amount of time on the internet. Hopefully, you are one of the lucky ones that haven’t crossed sites as worse as this one. If you are, you might be able to help me add to this list I started on aspects of bad website design. Please let me know if you have anything to add.

The Color Theory: More is Better

Ah, hate to be the one to break this to you, but it is not. Professional web designers spend hours choosing the appropriate colors to use in moderation. The key here is moderation!

Can You Add Anything Else?

Have you ever found a site and you don’t know how they fit all this information on one page? Just like color, content should be clean and simple.

What Am I Looking At?

Have you found a site where the text actually sits on top of other text? How are you suppose to read the site never mind understand what you are looking at?

All of This Flash is Burning My Eyes

Alright, Flash is cool, but in moderation. You might want to catch our attention, but Flash rotating around eight or more spots on the page can burn our retinas and make us nauseous. Sorry, but it’s the truth.

I am sure across my journey of the good, the bad, and the ugly sites I will have more tips to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment