Monday, February 28, 2011

Things To Look For

Part One

Well, I recently decided that it is a new year and maybe I should look for things in websites that I have yet to look for before. Yep, that is right, I am going to forget my old hang-ups and looks form some new and annoying traits in websites. Get ready to say good-bye to the:

The Color Theory: More is Better Ah, hate to be the one to break this to you, but it is not. Professional web designers spend hours choosing the appropriate colors to use in moderation. The key here is moderation! Can You Add Anything Else? Have you ever found a site and you don’t know how they fit all this information on one page? Just like color, content should be clean and simple. What Am I Looking At? Have you found a site where the text actually sits on top of other text? How are you suppose to read the site never mind understand what you are looking at? All of This Moving is Burning My Eyes Alright, Flash is cool, but in moderation. You might want to catch our attention, but Flash animations rotating around eight or more spots on the page can burn our retinas and make us nauseous. Links How many links should really be on a page? I guess this point might be debatable, but we have all seen an excess of links that makes a site just horrible to visit.Horrible Music Honestly, this is one of my favorites. You might stumble upon a beautifully designed site and forget to turn your speakers down. Before you know it, horrible music is pumping from your speakers all throughout your office catching everyone's attention. Ugh.


New and more current things to watch out for are coming about!

Stayed tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment