Monday, December 20, 2010

Can't Say I Agree!

Friends and other followers have suggested a variety of "ugly web sites" and their opinions have really changed the way I look at sites I frequent.

For example, the post from a few weeks ago about Craigslist. I mean Craigslist looks like Craigslist! I never once thought it was odd or not user friendly. I just accepted it for what it was. A second site was brought to my attention that fits the same bill. Some people think Facebook is not user friendly. FACEBOOK! The one site that millions and millions visit daily is not user friendly to some people? I guess you can't please everyone right?

So, in the defense of those who don't like the Facebook layout I tried to understand what they didn't enjoy. Top on the list was the many links and the abundance of information. I guess, depending on how you look at it, Facebook can seem crammed with posts, adds, and random columns of information. I would have to say the more you visit the more you get used to it. That is a loaded statement though. If that is true, could you get used to any site with ugly, horrible design? Well, could you?

No comments:

Post a Comment