Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One I Would Of Never Thought Of!

I was having coffee with a friend and they mentioned that they thought this one particular site was the most ugly thing out there. It was plain, it was crowded, and it was overfilled with links and text. The site they were talking about... Craigslist!

Now, I would of never thought to share that with you, but I guess it is true! Every page on the Craigslist site is plain and white. The only color comes through the hundreds of links that are jammed packed onto the screen. And, what do these links do? Nothing, but take you to other links! The site is filled with information everywhere you look. Maybe that is why people never question the design. Its sole purpose is to share information.

I guess the lesson is that some of the sites we visit everyday are not the best or most interesting things to look at. Maybe we just get used to visiting some places that we don't even question the design or why it is not that easy to navigate through. Oh, well! I guess this is why we should always ask for other people's opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment