Sunday, October 31, 2010

Heard Around the World

Alright, I would first like to start this blog by saying HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I hope you are enjoying it and had the chance to dress up! I decided to spend my last few hours of Halloween a little bit differently than I normally do. Instead of running the streets looking for horrible scary costumes I decided to search the net for horrible scary sites. It dawned on me that I have spent so much time talking about bad design that I might of forgotten one important piece of horrible, scary sites. The one important piece is the music.

A site can be made or broken with the music. Music that is too loud, annoying, or inappropriate can destroy a site that was designed with care. Music can drive the visitor crazy. Music can make them launch towards their speakers and turn the dial off. Music can be a deal breaker.

On the positive side, some songs are actually appropriate on some site. Think of a soothing song a a luxury spa website. Maybe even a popular sports tune while you check up on your favorite team. The point here is simple and easy to understand. When you are reviewing sites it is important to look and it is just as important to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment