Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Skipping to the "B" Word

Well, I figured I could continue with this rant and jump backwards to the "B" word. I am sure you must be wondering what world I could be ready to discuss, but it is a truly relevant word when it comes to bad or good website design.

Ugly website design is missing this key word and good website design has learned how to use this word to perfection. The word I am talking about is balance. Balance is vital to the success (visually and beyond) to a good website design. The website will need to be function and focus on modern and fresh designs, but the balance is what holds the site together.

Balance can refer to both the layout, the color scheme, and the content. All three of these components must work together to build and aesthetically pleasing creation. If one of these are off-balance it could effect the others and essentially the entire site. Planning for all of these elements is normally best completed by a qualified professional. That leads to the question... if a site is ugly is that an indication it was not designed by a professional?

One can only imagine what letter I will choose to focus on next, but I can guarantee you that it will not start with a "z."

No comments:

Post a Comment