Sunday, August 28, 2011

The K.I.S.S. Philosphy

Signs of a bad site... Now many times in your life have you heard people refer to the "KISS" philosophy. To be honest, I have heard it more times than I care to admit. KISS is an acronym for the once very popular saying "keep it simple stupid" and yes, I understand how weird that statement is.

Back in the "olden days" this expression emerged and although society has gravitated towards "OMG" and "LOL" you will still hear the term KISS from time to time. Why do I bring it up you ask? Good question... KISS is outdated, but is still relevant for some designers that choose to take their site over the top. Excess links, images, colors schemes, and poor layout options can transform a good site to a bad site in a matter of minutes.

Feel free to use other acronyms to explain bad design, but for now I am going to stick to one that has stood the test of time. KISS and build those websites with purpose and thought. The simple route is often the best route to take. That is, if you want to take advice from someone that still uses outdated acronyms. Just saying! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment