Sunday, July 24, 2011

Brand Me

Well, after several days of Comic Con adventures I can say that the QR code is king. I applaud all those marketing geniuses out there for everything we see and interact with during the Con. You can't turn a corner without being bombarded by branding of some kind. On a personal note, I thought the branding throughout the entire city was just amazing. Bars and restaurants were bought out and transformed into events and destinations for those that walked by. How does this relate to websites you ask? Well, almost every brand, location, service, and product today is supported by a website.

These websites offer consumers additional information and a place to interact with all the brand or products stands for. Need an example? Well, a few days ago I asked for your feedback on the Comic Con site. Friend or foe? Did the site help you map out where you wanted to go or provide you with the best information to make your Con trip a success? See, the website is like an extension of the brand and it must be complete and user friendly.

I got side tracked a bit because I wanted to share some thoughts on QR codes. Maybe I will wait for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment